The map of places where marijuana is declared legal is getting bigger step by step. If you live where marijuana is legalized or have a chance to visit such a place, the thought of smoking a joint may cross your mind at some point, as this is one of the most popular and iconic ways to consume cannabis. But if you want to enjoy that perfect joint filled with the right good stuff, you need to know at least some basics of joint-rolling techniques. So - how to roll a joint?
As there are many joint-rolling ways - e.g., a cone, a blunt, a tulip, just to name a few. You can experiment with them in your own time, meanwhile, in this article, we’ll go over the core steps for beginners so that you get the basic idea of how to roll a quality joint with no fuss.
Get the kit
To roll a joint, you'll need some essential stuff, such as quality rolling paper, filters, and a grinder. Of course, the best way to keep everything in order is to use. Ef Bread's rolling tobacco pouch 1.2 with extra pockets for filters, and a larger compartment for king-size rolling papers.
If you don't feel confident with your rolling skills, practice rolling a joint on your own instead of sweating in front of an audience. Also, remember that your very first joint is not likely to be perfect and that’s okay. It takes time to get it right, so just practice away by starting with some of the joint-rolling basics:
1. Take a grinder and grind the cannabis. Don't overfill the grinder as it's easier to use it a couple of times instead of grinding everything at once. Think about the consistency and try to grind your stuff nicely. Don’t overdo it though - you don’t want it to become powdery. Make sure that ground pieces are not too big as it gives you the maximum flavored joint which burns lightly and smoothly.
Also, keep in mind that if you mix your cannabis with tobacco, you need to put them in the grinder together. If that’s what you’re doing, make sure the two substances mix up well, which will make burning smooth and enjoyable.
2. If you're a beginner, we suggest you start rolling a joint with king-size rolling papers. If you don't have any, take two regular size papers you’d use to roll a cigarette, lick one and stick them together at a 45-degree angle.
3. Make a filter tip. You can do it by rolling a piece of our business card that’s perforated especially for the reason of making a filter tip, or find a piece of thicker paper (not too thick so it still rolls into a whirlpool and stays that way) or buy a ready-to-use filter.
4. Get the filter lined-up on one side, make sure the glue is facing up. Fill the paper with the desired amount of material and slowly begin to shape the joint using your fingertips.
5. Pick everything up, hold it between your fingertips, and roll the joint back and forth between your fingertips to make the final conical shape.
6. Now work the rest. Tuck the unglued side of the paper into the roll, roll it back up, and lick the glued edge of the paper.
7. Finally, seal the joint - neaten up the edges, twist the top, and… time to light it up!
The acute effects of cannabis use have been recognized for many years, and it’s been 20 years already since the World Health Organization (WHO) published a report on the health consequences of cannabis use. True, research has been done on the beneficial medical effects of cannabis or cannabinoids on chronic pain, multiple sclerosis symptoms and other health conditions, but it’s still a good idea to follow the latest news on the topic and use marijuana responsibly.